This is my reference page for ancestors and relationships.
For more detail, stories and pictures click on the above buttons or links.
1. My Great, Great, Great-Grandfather Robert Scott b. 15 October 1770,
VA, d. 1 June 1841, VA1,2
He married Elizabeth Croft before 1809, b. 16
January 1790, d. 8 June 1871
- Robert Scott b. 1 March 1809, d. April 18741
m. Margaret Jane Cutlip abt 19 February 18443
- My Great, Great-Grandfather John Scott b. 16 January 1812, d.
18 December 18711
- James Scott b. 13 October 1813, d. 18 December 18811
- Sabina Scott b. 1 October 1815, d. 29 September 19061
m. Andrew Brown December 1840 1,3
- Polly Scott b. 31 October 1817, d. 7 September 18271
- Elizabeth Scott b. 4 January 1820, d. 19 November 18621,2
m. John Morrison February 18421,3
- Catherine Scott b. 4 March 1822, d. 26 April 18921
- Cyrus Scott b. 8 August 1824, d. 14 March 18851
- Thomas Scott b. 15 March 1827, d. 15 September 18271
- Moses Scott b. 15 March 1827, d. 17 September 1911 [Thomas and
Moses were twins.]1
- Anna S. Scott b. 28 February 1830, d. 15 July 18521
- Martha Scott b. 11 September 1832, d. September 19081
m. George Lowdermilk abt 18 May 18574
Had one son who lived in Oklahoma
End notes: 1. "Scott Family Record" by Anna R. Edminster,
1859. From what I can determine this record is fairly accurate. Edminster
claimed to get her information directly from her Grandfather, Charles B.
Scott who was the son of John
2. Federal Census of North Greenbrier County, [West] Va., 1840]
3. Pocahontas County, Virginia (Now West Virginia) Marriage Bonds 1822-1852
and Minister Returns 1822-1871, Complied and published by James E. Wooddell
and Rita Wooddell, 1988
4. Greenbrier County Marriages 1782-1900, volume II, transcribed and
complied by Larry G. Shuck, Iberian Publishing Co., Athens, Georgia
My Great, Great-Grandfather John Scott (son of Robert Scott) b.
16 January 18121 d. 18 December 18711 or 11 November 18712
He married Easter Erwin 30 May 1833 in Greenbrier County, WV3.
She was the daughter of Benjamin and Margaret Erwin of Greenbrier County4
- Elizabeth Katherine Scott b. 26 April 18345 d. 3 August 1879
in Putnam Co., Missouri5 m. Arthur McClure 12 August 1856
in Greenbrier Co, [W] VA3
- Robert William Scott b.3 April 18366 d.10 August
19126 m. Sarah Elizabeth Staats Bonnett, daughter of Elijah
Staats, widow of Nicholas Bonnett, 3 November 18606,7
- My Great-grandfather Charles Benjamin Scott b. 15 December 18388
in Greenbrier or Pocahontas Co, [W] VA, d.7 April 1924 in Mabton, WA8
m. Sarah Ann Bonnett daughter of Nicholas Bonnett Jackson County [W] VA on
24 October 18617
- Margaret Louisa Scott b. 6 January 1841 or 18429,10 d.
28 November 192110 in Clarkston, Asotin County,WA
m. Edward/Edwin D. Cheuvront 14 April 1867 at the home of John Scott in
Jackson Township, Sullivan Co, MO11
- Nancy Jane Scott b. 31 January 184412 d. 15 April 1930 in
Green Valley, WA12 Nancy never married.
- James Alexander Meade Scott b. 11 April 184712 d. 4 May 1935
at Outlook, WA12 m. Missouri Catharine McNiely 1 May 1873
in Sullivan Co. MO.11
- Ann Eliza Scott b. 8 June 184913 d. 18 April 1835 in
Milan, Sullivan Co., MO13 m. Arthur Elliot Sears 2 April
1871 at Milan, Sullivan Co, MO.13
- Caroline H. Scott b. 17 January 185214 d. 11 January
1874 in Sullivan Co., MO14
- John Asbury Scott b. 1854. d. aft 1835 probably in Spokane, WA.
[Note: All of John and Easter's children were probably born in
Greenbrier or Pocahontas County, [W] VA.]
Endnotes: 1."Scott Family Record" by Anna R. Edminster, 1959
2. Headstone of John Scott in Hurst Cemetery in Sullivan Co., MO
3. Greenbrier County, [W] VA marriage record
4. Greenbrier County record of Benjamin Ervin Will, probated November term
1848, Will Book 2 pg 361
5. Birth estimated and death given on Headstone of Elizabeth McClure,
Dickson Cemetery, Putman Co, MO.
6. Transcript of Robert William Scott obituary from Jackson Co., WV
7. Jackson County Marriage Record
8. Washington State Death Certificate, Record # 112
9.Margaret Louisa's birth estimated from 1850 Greenbrier census and 1860
Jackson Co., WV census
10. Washington State Death Certificate, Record # 56
11. Marriage recorded Sullivan Co, MO
12. Funeral Record from Sunnyside, Yakima County, WA
13. Family Group sheet from living granddaughter of Ann Eliza. This
granddaughter lived with Ann Eliza when she was small.
14. Information taken off Headstone of Caroline Scott's grave in Hurst
Cemetery, Sullivan Co.,MO. Caroline was found on the 1860 Jackson County,
[W] VA census and the 1870 Sullivan Co, MO census with the John Scott
15. John Asbury Scott was mentioned in the "Scott Family Record".
He was mentioned in family correspondence and the granddaughter of Ann Eliza
remembers letters from John. He is found in the 1860 Jackson Co, [W] VA
census and the 1870 Sullivan Co, MO census with the John Scott family. It is
reported that John lived in Spokane, WA and died after Ann Eliza died.
My Great-Grandfather Charles Benjamin Scott b. 15
December 18381 d. 7 April 19241
He married Sarah Ann Bonnett in Jackson County, [W]
VA 24 October 18612 . She was the daughter of Nicholas Bonnett
and Catharine (Staats) Bonnett.3
Inabell Scott b. 10 May 1862 at Mill Creek,
Jackson Co, WV.4 d. 11 July 1958 in Coeur d' Alene, ID.5
m. William G. Ritchey 13 October 1881 in Whitman County, WA.6
Lena Scott b. 10 January 1864 in Jackson County,
WV.7 d. 18 June 1883 in Whtiman Co, WA8 m. John
B. Stormer on 29 October 1882 in Whitman County, WA.9
John Scott b. 24 December 1865 in Putman Co., MO.7
d. 29 October 1870 in Putman County, MO10
Maud Scott b. 8 November 1868 in Putman Co, MO7
d. 22 April 1893 in Walla Walla, WA and buried in Farmington,WA7,11
m. Frank Edwin McQueen on 31 May 1891 at Latah, Spokane Co., WA.12
Laura Scott b. 19 February 18707 or
187113 in Putman Co., MO. d. 28 April 1944 at Sacred Heart
Hospital in Spokane, WA13 m. John Mitchell McLean on
23 October 1887 in Whitman County, WA14
Orphie Jane Scott b. 29 February 1872 in Putman
Co., MO.7,15 d.3 December 1888.7,15
Charles Lincoln Scott b. 18 January 1873 in Putman Co.,
MO16 d.22 October 1935 at Sacred Heart Hospital in Spokane.17
m. #1 Isabel Partrick 1 December 1895 in Whitman County, WA18.
m. #2 Clarinda Casement Chapman in Yakima County, WA on 20 July
Paul Scott b. 11 April 18757 d. 29
Caroline Lorraine Scott b. 18 December 1876 in
Humboldt County, CA.7,19 d. 26 April 1959 in Spokane, Spokane
County WA.19 m. Grant Powell 5 July 1898 at Spokane.20
Ulysses Dow Scott b. 27 December 1878 in Arcata,
Humboldt County, CA.21,22 d.9 February 1941 in Juliaetta,
Latah County, ID23 m. Lydia Pearl Pierce 10 July 1900
at Lewiston, Nez Perce County, ID or Asotin, Asotin County, Washington.24
Jessie Scott b. 23 November 1880 in Whitman
County, WA.7 d. 23 February 1857 in Ponoka, Alberta, Canada25
m. Edgar Granger Chapman 7,245
Fredrick Sheridan Scott b. 18 December 1885 7,26
d. 8 January 1830 at Mt. Carmel Hospital in Colville, Stevens County, WA
26 m. Mary Pharo Bartlett 17 November 191527
Endnotes: 1.Washington State Death Certificate #112 for Charles B.
2. Jackson County, WV marriage record.
3. 1850 Jackson County , WV census dwelling/family #366/370. Annotated
versions of the 1850 and 1860 Censuses of Jackson County report Sarah Ann
Bonnett d/o Nicholas and Catharine Bonnett m. Charles B. Scott s/o John
and Esther Scott
4.Jackson County Births 1853-1950 complied by Linda Murdock from Jackson
County Birth record books.
5.Ina B. Ritchey Obituary, Coeur d' Alene Press, Sunday July 11, 1958
6. Whitman County, WA marriage record, Book B, page 48
7. "Scott Family Record" by Ann Edminster, 1959
8. Farmington Echoes Column, in Colfax Commoner June 26, 1883. Microfilm
located at the Washington State University Library in Pullman, WA.
9. Whitman County, WA marriage record, Book B, page 72.
10. Unionville Cemetery, Putnam County Cemetery Book.
11.Maude McQueen Obituary, Colfax Commoner, April 28, 1893. Microfilm
located at the Washingtion State University Library in Pullman, WA.
12. Spokane County Certificate of Marriage.
13. Smith Funeral Home records, Spokane, WA.
14. Whitman County, WA Marriage Record Book B, page 349
15. Whitman County Cemetery Record Book located at Roland Public Library
in Pullman, WA.
16. WWI Selective Service Draft Registration Card for Charles Lincoln
Scott in Yakima, WA. Microfilmed by LDS.
17. Family Group Sheet from Dixie Robles granddaughter of Charles L.
18. Whitman County marriage record.
19. Smith Funeral Home Record, Spokane, WA
20. Certificate of Marriage from Spokane, WA.
21. Humboldt Times, Homboldt County, CA
22. WWI Selective Service Draft Registration in Nez Perce County, ID.
23. Idaho Death Certificate # 123285
24. Marriage Certificate registered in the County of Nez Perce, ID. Bruce
Scott s/o Dow and Pearl Scott reported that his mother, Pearl always said
that they were married in Asotin, Asotin County WA. and Evelyn Scott w/o
Frank Scott concurred with this statement. Asotin, WA is directly across
the border from Lewiston, Idaho.
25. Funeral Record from Bowker and Basconn Funeral Home of Ponoka,
26. Washington State Death Certificate record 23.
27. Mabton Chronicle, Yakima WA announcement, November 1915.